Please join us! On Saturday May 20th, CSERC and volunteers will be helping with an ongoing restoration effort to rehabilitate impacted lands at a popular recreation area by the Clavey River and Trout Creek.
- Specific tasks we will be doing include: re-blocking unauthorized vehicle routes that are affecting the health of river and creek watersheds, installation of ricestraw and wattles to control erosion and sedimentation, and more.
- The project site is about a one hour drive from Twain Harte.
- We are looking for 10-15 volunteers.
- This is an all day project, but we will aim to have you have back by no later than 4p.m..
- Wear work clothes (including closed toe shoes), and bring sun protection, a water bottle, and your own lunch.
- The Forest Service will provide the needed tools.
- Please RSVP as soon as possible so we know how many people to anticipate!
- Ride sharing: If you want to hop in another vehicle in Twain Harte, are able to drive volunteers, or plan to drive yourself please let us know so we can plan accordingly :). Getting to the project site does involve some dirt road driving.
We will caravan to the site together, from our office in Twain Harte. Once you let us know you are coming we will fill you in on the rest of the information needed for the day.
If you are interested or have any questions, please let us know. Thanks!