Do you live, work, or play in the Northern Yosemite and Central Sierra region?
Do you care about the environment and threats facing the local places you love?
Then check out these news articles!
We try to keep readers up to date about current issues affecting many different aspects of the local environment, such as wildlife, wild places, meadows, forests, rivers and watersheds. You can also stay up to date on seasonal information like where the wildflowers are blooming, and where to go to see local wildlife or scenic vistas.
Whether you read an article from our newsletter, a director’s report or a blog, you will find local, timely news related to the beautiful environment here in the Central Sierra and northern Yosemite region.
- For a number of years, a lengthy legal battle over suction dredging in California has been debated in the courts. …
- Legislation from congress can allow damaging uses to occur in wild areas and affect our country's natural resources. If you'd like to stay informed about …
- It's January, and if you're ever near slow-moving water on a rainy night, you might hear a whole chorus of …
- With 2017 coming to an end and 2018 ahead of us, it’s a time of renewal- a time to reflect on our experiences and consider …
- If you want to reduce the environmental impact of your holiday, choose a real Christmas tree rather than an artificial one. Though …
Don’t miss out on the latest news about environmental issues in the northern Yosemite and central Sierra: Sign up to receive our quarterly print newsletter by mail here ! The newsletters feature color photographs and articles covering local environmental issues and celebrating the beauty of the region.
Newest publication: Winter 2017
Or, go to our Newsletter Archives
Archived articles outside of CSERC's website
- 1/15/14: Oldest trees are growing faster, storing more carbon as they age, study reports
- 1/12/14: The Rim Fire, its recovery, and the debate (Opinion piece featuring CSERC in the Sacramento Bee)
- 12/27/13: Yosemite Fire debate over harvesting burned trees (San Francisco Chronicle)
- 7/6/11: Sierra Nevada Forest Imagery Interactive: Amazing aerial map showing the extent of clear-cuts throughout our region.
- 7/22/11: 'Suction Dredging is Bad for Fish' a blog by Dr. Peter Moyle.