Do you live, work, or play in the Northern Yosemite and Central Sierra region?
Do you care about the environment and threats facing the local places you love?
Then we have the news for you!
We make sure to keep readers up to date about current issues affecting many different aspects of the local environment, such as wildlife, wild places, meadows, forests, rivers and watersheds. You can also stay up to date on seasonal information like where the wildflowers are blooming, and where to go to see local wildlife or scenic vistas.
Whether you read an article from our newsletter, a director’s report or a blog, you will find local, timely news related to the beautiful environment here in the Central Sierra and northern Yosemite region.
- Sit back, close your eyes and picture a butterfly. What did you see? Here's an image... It's a warm June day, the songbirds are singing, grass blades …
- The Central Sierra Environmental Resource Center (CSERC) is seeking a qualified candidate for full-time employment. CSERC is a 501(c)(3) non-profit environmental organization with a mission …
- We have a whole lot of projects lined up for the month of June and beginning of July. Contact Meg Layhee (email@example.com) of the CSERC …
- CSERC staff came across this interesting 8-minute video from the California Academy of Sciences, covering the decline of the Pacific Fisher. This key predator of …
- National Monuments Need Your VoiceFrom the Tule elk roaming the wildflower laden oak woodlands of Berryessa Snow Mountain, to the fantastic wildflower superblooms in Carrizo …
Don’t miss out on the latest news about environmental issues in the northern Yosemite and central Sierra: Sign up to receive our quarterly print newsletter by mail here ! The newsletters feature color photographs and articles covering local environmental issues and celebrating the beauty of the region.
Newest publication: Spring 2017
Or, go to our Newsletter Archives
Archived articles outside of CSERC's website
- 1/15/14: Oldest trees are growing faster, storing more carbon as they age, study reports
- 1/12/14: The Rim Fire, its recovery, and the debate (Opinion piece featuring CSERC in the Sacramento Bee)
- 12/27/13: Yosemite Fire debate over harvesting burned trees (San Francisco Chronicle)
- 7/6/11: Sierra Nevada Forest Imagery Interactive: Amazing aerial map showing the extent of clear-cuts throughout our region.
- 7/22/11: 'Suction Dredging is Bad for Fish' a blog by Dr. Peter Moyle.