Do you live, work, or play in the Northern Yosemite and Central Sierra region?
Do you care about the environment and threats facing the local places you love?
Then check out these news articles!
We try to keep readers up to date about current issues affecting many different aspects of the local environment, such as wildlife, wild places, meadows, forests, rivers and watersheds. You can also stay up to date on seasonal information like where the wildflowers are blooming, and where to go to see local wildlife or scenic vistas.
Whether you read an article from our newsletter, a director’s report or a blog, you will find local, timely news related to the beautiful environment here in the Central Sierra and northern Yosemite region.
- John Buckley, CSERC Executive Director CSERC is grateful for a network of environmental partners On any given day, our CSERC staff may be doing forest …
- Check out CSERC's latest quarterly newsletter! We strive to be a valued source of information on the important issues that effect the Central Sierra Nevada …
- Fall is upon us, but it is not too late to get out and experience the beauty of the Central Sierra Nevada. …
- Back in the spring, CSERC sued the Stanislaus National Forest in frustration after the Forest Service failed to take any corrective actions …
- Saturday, October 7th -- Westside Trail Maintenance We will be clearing vegetation, removing debris, and installing signs along the trail in the North Fork Tuolumne River canyon. There …
Don’t miss out on the latest news about environmental issues in the northern Yosemite and central Sierra: Sign up to receive our quarterly print newsletter by mail here ! The newsletters feature color photographs and articles covering local environmental issues and celebrating the beauty of the region.
Newest publication: Fall 2017
Or, go to our Newsletter Archives
Archived articles outside of CSERC's website
- 1/15/14: Oldest trees are growing faster, storing more carbon as they age, study reports
- 1/12/14: The Rim Fire, its recovery, and the debate (Opinion piece featuring CSERC in the Sacramento Bee)
- 12/27/13: Yosemite Fire debate over harvesting burned trees (San Francisco Chronicle)
- 7/6/11: Sierra Nevada Forest Imagery Interactive: Amazing aerial map showing the extent of clear-cuts throughout our region.
- 7/22/11: 'Suction Dredging is Bad for Fish' a blog by Dr. Peter Moyle.