Fall 2006 Newsletter
· CSERC surveys OHV routes in the Stanislaus Forest to document damage
• Poorly located OHV routes harm soil, watershed, and wildlife
• What is a fen? How is CSERC making a difference for this rare habitat?
• Merced Wild and Scenic River Plan sends Yosemite officials back to the drawing board
• Park Service beings seeking public input on the Tuolumne Wild and Scenic River Plan
• Yosemite wildfire management draws mixed reactions from local residents
• New threats to local regions water quality
· Some of the "customers" that benefit from CSERC's work
• Paying attention to the little pieces that make up the puzzle
· Developers don't let the flattening housing market slow plans to consume open space and wildlife habitat
• Volunteers make a big difference in helping the forest to heal
• As we enter the fall season...
RETURN TO CSERC NEWS - MAIN PAGE